We are happy to announce that as of May 11th Pawtopia is back open for business. That being said, there are quite a few changes (listed below) to the way we will be doing things for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, this pandemic has resulted in businesses having to make many changes and different accommodations to help protect their employees and their clients. Pawtopia has put a lot of thought into these changes with safety being our first priority.
We are currently running at a limited capacity, as some of our employees are unable to work due to suppressed immune systems and or close family members who are also at risk. We are doing everything in our power to deliver the quality of service you are accustomed to. As we all know things have been changing daily; there are many unknowns and it is difficult to predict what tomorrow will bring.
All we can ask is that you remain flexible and patient as we go through these unprecedented times.
Appointment Scheduling Process:
If you had an appointment cancelled by Pawtopia during our time of closure, we will be contacting you first to reschedule that appointment.
Once we have contacted all our clients whose appointments were cancelled during our closure, we will then start scheduling our existing clients who did not have an appointment scheduled. We will not be taking any new clients at this time, so that we can give priority to our existing clientele.
Because some of our employees are not working at this time, it is very possible that you will not be able to have the groomer that you are used to having.
Appointments will be scheduled with 15-minute intervals. Please be on time as we may not be able to accommodate you and will have to reschedule your appointment. (see Q & A section)
If you see another client at the check in kennel, please wait in your car or out in the grassy area with your pet until the kennel area is free.
You can expect your pet to be at the salon for 5-8 hours after dropping off unless otherwise discussed with your groomer. (see Q & A section)
Please be patient at this time. We know everyone is anxious to get their pet groomed for the spring and summer. We are doing everything in our power to accommodate each and every one of you as soon as possible. Please know that we are trying to place everyone on the schedule in the most fair and quickest way. Your patience and flexibility will make this happen.
Also please be aware that should one of our employees get sick, or be exposed to someone who is ill, they will need to be placed in quarantine. If this happens your appointment may need to be moved to a different date or time. Additionally, if you are ill and or have been exposed to someone who is ill, we ask that you contact us as soon as possible to cancel your appointment. We are at your mercy, and trust that you will make the right decision (see Q & A section). We appreciate your understanding, patience, and flexibility during this time.
The following procedures will be in effect until further notice:
**We will be wearing masks; for the safety of everyone involved we ask that you do the same.**
DROP OFF PROCEDURE:
- Once you have arrived at the salon for your appointment please call the designated pick up drop off number as indicated on the signage of the kennel area.
- For safety’s sake, if you are dropping off multiple pets you must bring them into the kennel area one at a time. (See Q & A section)
- *If you are dropping off a cat, they must be in a secure pet carrier*
- Bring your pet through the green gate, and pull the gate firmly closed.
- Wait in first section with your pet until a Pawtopia employee is present.
- Once you see an employee, walk with your pet through the pink gate, and pull firmly closed.
- Remove your pet’s leash, collar (including Soresto collar) and/or harness and take it with you.
- Exit through the pink door leaving your pet behind, make sure to firmly close the gate. We will have a small pen within the second section for small dogs. If you have a smaller dog, you may utilize the pen for safety’s sake.
- Wait in first section until you confirm that your pet is safely inside the building.
- Exit out the green gate and close tightly behind you.
- To discuss grooming details, health conditions, payment, or any other questions or concerns you may have. Please stand on the silver X after exiting the kennel, and you may discuss these with your groomer.
- PLEASE NOTE: IF YOUR PET IS MATTED, WE WILL SHAVE THE MATTS. IF YOU DO NOT WANT MATTS SHAVED OFF OF YOUR PET, WE WILL BE UNABLE TO PROVIDE GROOMING SERVICES FOR YOU. (See Q & A section for details)
- Our preferred method of payment will be electronically. We will email you an invoice and payment MUST be submitted prior to picking your pet up.
- We will still be accepting checks and cash but please know that we are unable to make change so please have exact amount plus tip.
- Please remember to be safe and be courteous. We are all in this together.
PICK UP PROCEDURE:
- Make sure you have your pet’s leash, collar and/or harness with you.
- Once you have arrived at the salon to pick up your pet, please call the designated pick up/drop off number as indicated on the signage of the kennel area.
- Enter the green gate and pull the gate firmly closed behind you.
- Wait there in the first section.
- If you are paying by check or exact cash please place your payment into the black mailbox to your right of the Pink Kennel door at this time. (please note we are not able to make change)
- A Pawtopia employee will bring your pet out to the Pink Kennel section.
- Once the employee is inside the building, you may enter the pink gate and retrieve your pet.
- If you are picking up more than one pet please bring your pet to your vehicle. Then follow the steps above to safely retrieve your other pet(s).
- To prevent the potential spread of the virus we will not be placing bandanas on your pet.
Q & AIs Pawtopia accepting new clients?
During this time Pawtopia will not be accepting new clients. This is to ensure that we are able to accommodate our existing clientele. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Are you accepting walk in appointments?
We are unable to accept walk in clients at this time. Pawtopia will be by appointment only until further notice.
What do I do if I am just looking for a nail trim?
If you are looking for a nail trim only please call us to schedule an appointment. Please note that there will be limited and designated times for nail trim only appointments. We understand this is not ideal & apologize for the inconvenience; the only other alternative to nail trim appointments is not to offer the service at all.
Why is being on time so important?
We are only allotting 15 minutes for drop off, and we will have clients scheduled to come in every 15 minutes. If you are running late for an appointment, then your drop off time may run into someone else’s allotted appointment time, which will cause a backup at drop off and throw off the scheduling for the day.
Why does my pet have to stay at the salon so long?
In an effort to maintain social distancing within the salon, it works best for each groomer to have staggered shifts, and to take all their dogs at the beginning of their shift, then work on them throughout the day. Because of this it will likely take longer than usual to complete the grooms. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding through this.
What if my pet is matted and I do not want my pet shaved?
At this time, we are unable to “dematt” your pet and will only be able to remove the matts by shaving them off. A matted coat cannot be washed, washing will only make the matts tighter, and we will be unable to clean the skin and coat properly.
Due to the nature of the COVID-19 virus surviving on surfaces for hours and even days, it is likely that a pet’s fur could be a vector for the virus. Therefore, for the safety of our employees we have made the decision that shaving the matts from the pet is the safest, and fastest approach to mitigate the spread of the virus.
The time it takes to try to brush matting out of an unwashed coat puts your groomer at risk of contracting the virus. It also can be painful for the dog, and cause skin irritation. If you do not want the matts shaved, then unfortunately there is no alternative and we will not be able to groom your pet.
Why do I have to bring one pet at a time through the kennel for drop off?
One dog at a time will help prevent any potential accidents or hazards. When 2 dogs are being placed in the kennel at the same time, it is harder to control them, and one pet could potentially escape.
What if my dog will not safely get into the “no contact” kennel drop off/pick up area?
If you are unable to safely get your pet into our designated kennel drop off area, we will be unable to groom your pet. We understand that some pets have a difficult time leaving their pet parent, but we cannot jeopardize the safety of our employees by allowing them to come help you, or allow you to bring your pet inside the building.
I left a voicemail message today but have not yet received a call back. What do I do?
Please only leave one message and do not call multiple times. This will cause longer wait times. We are currently working at a limited capacity. Some of our employees are unable to work due to suppressed immune systems and or close family members who are also at risk. Our procedures have changed and as a result, certain tasks take longer than usual. We want you to know that we are doing everything in our power to return calls within 48 hours. We genuinely appreciate your patience during this time.
What if I am feeling ill, showing signs of the virus or I have been exposed to someone who has been feeling ill and or shows signs of COVID-19 disease?
If you are ill and or have been exposed to someone who is ill, we ask that you contact us as soon as possible to cancel your appointment, there will be no cancellation fee at this time. Your pets fur could be a vector for the virus, and the close contact we have with your pet could put us at risk of contracting the virus. We are at your mercy, and trust that you will make the right decision.
What form of payments will be accepted?
Our preferred method of payment will be electronically. We will email you an invoice and payment must be submitted prior to picking your pet up.
We will still be accepting checks and cash but please know that we are unable to make change so please have exact amount.
If you are paying by check or exact cash, please place your payment into the black mailbox to your right of the pink kennel door upon pick up.
Can people spread the virus that causes COVID-19 to pets?
Per the CDC (direct link below), they are still learning about the virus that causes COVID-19, but it appears that it can spread from people to animals in some situations. CDC is aware of a small number of pets, including dogs and cats, to be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, mostly after close contact with people with COVID-19. Only a few of the pets reported to be positive showed signs of illness.
What can pet owners do to protect them and their pet from the virus that causes COVID-19?
Per the CDC website (direct link below) Until we learn more about how this virus affects animals, treat pets as you would other human family members to protect them from a possible infection.
Do not let pets interact with people or other animals outside the household.
- Keep cats indoors when possible to prevent them from interacting with other animals or people.
- Walk dogs on a leash, maintaining at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people and animals.
- Avoid dog parks or public places where a large number of people and dogs gather.
There are a small number of animals around the world reported to be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, mostly after having contact with a person with COVID-19. Talk to your veterinarian if your pet gets sick or if you have any concerns about your pet’s health.
Helpful Links for Pet Ownershttps://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/pets.html